We live in the social media era and it’s an exciting time! You are a simple click away from connecting with your friends, family, coworkers, and clients – bringing us all together. Gone are the days when outdoor signage and word-of-mouth were your best marketing tools, now everything is digital; which is bittersweet news for the everyday REALTOR®.
The upside is you can quickly expand your network through social media streams. Your posts and brand can be seen immediately by hundreds of potential clients. Unfortunately, your competition is also online. Prospective homeowners are constantly bombarded with tons of information, so it can get overwhelming trying to sort through everything. While you may offer better services than your competition, you still want to stand out above the crowd. Complicated isn’t it? Well, rest assured that the solution is simple: post engaging content.
Below are 5 quick and effective tips to help you transform your boring everyday Facebook posts into a powerful and engaging two-way conversation.
1) Keep it visual. Is there a spectacular kitchen in a Luxury home you want to share? How about a picture of yourself delivering the keys to new homeowners? One of the best ways to engage your followers on Facebook is visually. For even more social media brownie points, sign up for Instagram or Pinterest.
2) Short and sweet. We already know Twitter limits you to a certain number of characters. But did you know you should also limit yourself on Facebook? Keep your posts less than 3 lines of text and they will see up to 60% more likes and feedback than other posts.
3) Take it easy with the posts. Don’t post every five minutes just for the sake of posting. A good technique to measure your posts is to create a content strategy. That way, you know what you’re posting when.
4) Don’t be so serious. Don’t let your passion for the industry be confused for grumpiness. Post some inspirational material or light humor. People will enjoy seeing your “fun-side.”
5) Get with the times. Don’t pigeonhole your content to real estate. Post things relevant to what’s going on in your city or the world. Whether it’s a holiday, or an event making national headlines, show others you are aware of what’s happening around you.
If you use Facebook the right way, it can launch your business into something great.
Did you know Redman Tech offers social media training sessions? One of our team members would be more than happy to show you how to use social media to your advantage.